Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I.A.P

My guilty pleasure is the Biggest Loser. I learn more about happy living from that program than i do from almost anything else. My secret wish is to someday be on the show, though not really because then that means i'd have become the size and shape of a small city's water tower; and that isn't part of my wish. In this season i've learned something from Brendan, that i've incorporated into my "Individualized Awesomeness Plan." Essentially what he said was that he couldn't love someone else, because he didn't love himself.

This is absolutely true. If you don't love yourself, and love every part of yourself, then when someone comes along loving you, you have these inadequate thoughts and feel insecure. almost as if, "why would this person love me? I'm not that great." You need to be able to love every part of yourself, or at least love that you're working on things. Don't be afraid, it's just love that we're falling in. I love myself, but i don't FULLY love EVERY PART of who i am. there are always things to work on. Things are always changing. CHANGING FOR THE BETTER. And that, I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment