Monday, November 1, 2010

Belated B-Day to Bob Ross

i'd feel like a horrible fan if i didn't wish a belated birthday to bob ross. He is the reason for my sunday afternoon naps for years. i remember coming home from church and, with my brothers, all sprawling out in front of the TV downstairs, turning it to PBS, and watching The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. His birthday was this past weekend, and i just have to give him a shout out. He would have been 68 this past friday.
              Bless your soft hands for the gentle strokes you mesmerizingly and methodically tickled the canvas. Your soothing voice was like a symphony conductor waving me to sleep. That hair of yours was beyond any 3D seeing magic eye that i could get lost in a trance in. And those powder blue shirts you always wore painted the sky's backdrop to my afternoon nap dreams. Thank you Bob Ross, happy birthday. And may you continue to create those landscapes that induce peace and serenity to the souls of all who gaze upon your canvas.
"I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn't know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment