Sunday, November 7, 2010

daylight savings...seriously?

all i've been hearing lately is the love for daylight savings time because "it's like you get to sleep in for an extra hour!" ok, great. enjoy that for 1 day, and then you're already adjusted. way to use it on sunday. somehow i can't take advantage of this day. i set my alarm so i could wake up sunday morning at 8:14, yet i just naturally woke up at 7:33 (still a great time, by the way). hmmm, go figure. sure, you get to 'sleep in' an hour, but what about it being dark before you've even had the thought to eat dinner. it's dark when you get out of church. it's dark when you're leaving work or school. I'd gladly give up a couple hours of sleep to keep my days light. what about in a few months when we 'lose' that beloved hour of sleep? can we just go without switching our time. These are my thoughts every single "fall back."
I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours.That's daylight savings....

1 comment:

  1. Chris was particularly peeved it was on a fast Sunday. One more hour of fasting. Such a good attitude he's got himself!

    ReplyDelete