Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the great robino

today was robi's 25th birthday. the first birthday i've had to go through since he moved to heaven. the whole day has been rough. I've been wearing my shirt very similar to the one that he wore all the time. i had it made. it's a yellow shirt with purple cursive font that says "ROBISON" across it. i love it. i started the day off by going to the temple. just really wanted to feel close to him, and felt that was a good place to be. And it was. to be honest, i don't know that i was ready for it. I'm not much of a cryer, but i've cried a shiz ton this past year over robi. There's constant hourly reminders even to this day that bring a joyous curved smile to my lips, while also bringing a bit of a glistening tear to my eye. there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about you robi. not even a few hours pass that you don't cross my mind. it was great to celebrate robi's birthday tonight by getting 37 of us and going to winger's. Its something we've done dozens of times with robi, ordering the all you can eat wings. this has been the hardest year of my life, and it still hasn't even been a full year. one thing i do love is how open this entire group of friends is. we talk about robi as though he's just on vacation, and we can call him up anytime. that's really what it feels like. he isn't gone for good. i can just give him a call anytime, right? and when i pull out my phone to call or text him, i'm quickly reminded that we don't have the same cell phone provider, and God uses a different kind of antenna system, so i can't talk to Robi. I'm constantly wishing i could fast forward my life so i can get to Robi sooner, and have him take me around heaven, showing me all the ins and outs of that place and teaching me what to do and where to go.
Someday, someday i'll be there. Someday our adventures will continue. Someday we can create the shiz out of worlds together and laugh the whole time doing so.
I love you Robison Sundell, and all you've taught me. All you've given me, and for being one of the greatest blessings to my life. you always have been, and continue to do so. You give me greater reason for doing what's right, now. One love buddy. Always thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment