Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Miss Tee Time?

I've been meaning to post this for a long time. Over the summer i went golfing about 3 or 4 times a week. I loved it. Couldn't ask for anything better. i also had the privilege of meeting lots of new people on the course. I'd go play a round solo, and get matched up with some strangers. One of these such times i got paired with a very cute girl and her mom. The round was good. Got numbers afterward, and planned to take her out. I gave her a call, and instead got shafted (beginning of lots of puns). She never called back. i waited a few days, then gave it another shot, and called again. Nothing.
A few days later i was chatting with my brosef and we started throwing out lots and lots of different golf related little puns i could text her about why she didn't call back. The following is what we came up with:
Missed your tee tiem?
Guess i'll have to play solo
Missed the fairway?
Playing out of the rough?
Did you get yourself another bogey?
Well, you missed your chance to "leave the pin in..."
Must have been a rain delay.
I'll get my strokes somewhere else.
Guess i'm sub-par?
Too many clubs in your bag?
It's okay, your handicap is too high for me.
I'll drop my balls somewhere else.
Sliced out of bounds?
Saw it as a hazard?
Bad approach?
I'll "hook" someone else.
Difficult to read?
Didn't see it breaking that much.
Don't hit the green enough?
My "big stick" just isn't big enough?
Did i give it too much club?
Was i too fast on the greens?
Completely underestimated the distance.
I'm in the bunker.
Want to use my pinnacle?
I will calaway later.
It's hard to stay on the cart path.
Ping me on Facebook.
I'd love to play with your Titleist.
What wood should i use?
Guees i have too many irons in the fire.
You use a glove?
Play it where it lie.
You'll need a larger ball marker.
Care to hit a provisional?
How about a mulligan?
Get in the hole!
Yeah, i can see it, go ahead and pull it.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is..."I guess i'm sub par", but don't worry you are not. Any girl would be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. different strokes for different folks.
    did I tee you off?
    FOUR....play would have been great.
    and you would have had honors.
    I think you're beachin' it.
    we could have gone dancin'.
    you were sitting pretty.
    wanna go clubbing?
    hitting the wrong balls?
    was i just another mark on your players card?
    Front or Back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those additions were fantastic. Prompted a very hearty chuckle. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete